Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Celebrating Creativity

Being designers, we can appreciate art and design in other areas of life. One of the more tasty creative outlets is cake! With Valentine's Day just recently passed, we have been eating chocolate covered strawberries and cake all week. I thought I would take today's blog post and celebrate creativity in the edible environment of baking cakes.

These cakes are simply amazing, each one is a work of art.

One of my favorite cake designers is Maggie Austin Cake.





By far my absolute favorite. This is just amazing, I love the detail and how feathery light the ruffles are.


Another great cake designer is Rosie of Sweetapolita. Not only does Rosie make fabulous cakes, she also does fabulous cookies!

I'm definitely going to try this ruffle cake. I will let you know how it turns out.

I love these mini cakes made to look like a box of chocolates.

2 to 3 servings of vegetables a day, does this count as one?

These cookies are amazing, so real looking!

A very cute idea for Valentine's Day cookies, love letters.


And now for some inspirational pictures of cakes. I am not sure who made these but I love them all!













Okay, now I'm hungry!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Dana said...

<3 that yellow daisy cake I wish my mom would get the hint and order me 1 like it.

Anonymous said...

Really wish my sis could make these cakes... She needs a lot more practice. I enjoyed making the painting sugar cookies.I love the daisy cake 2 and my name is Dana also

Taco Recipes said...

Thanks for shharing

Post a Comment